Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Spring cleaning has begun! Today I thoroughly vacuumed the living room, including the carpets, furniture, and lampshade. Then I dusted the blinds and window frames, and vacuumed the window sills. After all that, I was exhausted. These days I can't do too much housework at one time due to the pain and fatigue from fibromyalgia. I have to pace myself and remember that tomorrow is another day.

For dusting, I like to use my handy-dandy "One Wipe Ultimate Duster" cloth. This waxy feeling cloth because it picks up and traps dust better than anything else I've ever used. Also, it's washable, so I feel like I'm doing something positive for the environment.

Later this week, I'll need to prune back the oleander bushes, which are totally out of control. They have grown so much since last year that the view from the front window is obstructed and the mailman is having problems pulling the truck up to the curb to deliver our mail.

0 words of wisdom: