Friday, February 29, 2008

Bringing Reiki to the Community

Next Monday will be a very important day for my energy healing practice. I'll be meeting with the Lifestyle Director here to pitch the idea of bringing Reiki to the resort community where I live. I've been studying and practicing Reiki in many different forms for several years now. In the past, I've offered Reiki sessions to clients at various New Age health fairs that promote products and services that benefit the body, mind, and spirit. In those days, I was struggling to grow my Reiki practice while, at the same time, working insane hours in a corporate job as a technical writer. But now that I'm no longer juggling two jobs, the time has come to add new venues to my Reiki practice.

The International Center for Reiki Training describes Reiki like this:

"Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes spiritual healing. It is administered by laying on hands and is based on the idea that an unseen life force energy flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's life force energy is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy
and healthy...A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and well-being."

I'm hoping that my bid to bring Reiki here will be accepted and well received by the community. Please keep your fingers crossed for me, dear readers.

0 words of wisdom: