Saturday, February 16, 2008

Stuck in My Head

I'm feeling antsy today. There's a sense of low-level anxiety, and I don't seem to know what to do with myself. I've tried cooking, and sewing, and crafting, but nothing really appeals to me right now. Having just completed several sewing projects, I can't seem to find the energy to start a new one just yet.

The weather isn't helping my sense of restlessness, either. It has been damp, raw, and rainy for the past three days, as so often happens when we have a winter storm passing through the desert. I've been stuck in the house too long. Later today I will go for a walk and, hopefully, it will help clear my head.

In all honesty, the weather isn't entirely to blame for my edgyness. I'm sure that lack of exercise and eating too many comforting carbohydrates are partially responsible. But there is something more, something bigger, looming over me. Something that would consume me if I allowed it to do so. It is the thing that blocks me from channeling my energy into something positive. The thing that tells me that I'm not good enough, or smart enough, or talented enough to succeed.

Do I need to explore this blooming sense of inner gloom, locate its source, and eradicate it? Or should I instead listen to its subtle message? Perhaps the latter makes more sense, since this is most likely a spiritual problem and I am, after all, a spiritual person.

A rainy day in Tucson

0 words of wisdom: